How to Create Media Player in VB.NET
Download Source Code : 304_Media Player.zip
This article will guide you through the complete process of creating a media player just like in Windows Operating System (OS) by using Active X control provided by .NET Framework.
- Steps you will have to do.
- Start visual studio and create a new window application project.
- Set the following properties of Form by using properties windows.
Now right click on the toolbar and from the menu choose “Add/Remove Items”. A dialog box will appear choose the “COM Component” tab. Search for windows media player and check it by clicking in the checkbox. Click ok. Now in your toolbox a new item is added with the name of window media player.
- Drop this to your form and set the following properties.
- Drop a main menu control to build the menu for media player
- Build the menu in the following hierarchy and set there names as shown in parenthesis.
- From toolbox drop a “OpenFileDialogBox” control to your form.
- Set its name to “opd”.
- Open the code window and write the code as below in your code window.